McElroy fusion machines will fuse tube sizes from 2″ IPS – 8″ DIPS (63mm – 225mm) at the back end. They come in multiple model configurations to ensure your tube melting needs are met.
- It offers a self-contained and self-propelled tracked vehicle that can face gradients of up to 30%.
- Ease of maneuver and its gains in productivity.
- It allows automated control and monitoring of heating, impregnation, melting and cooling cycles.
- It has an interbuilt data log function that keeps a record of each fusion joint, allowing you to check the integrity of the joints.
- They include the interchangeable McElroy No.28 four-jaw carriage, which can be easily removed to merge into the trench. In the case of very narrow installations.
- The external fixed jaw and skid can be removed from the carriage, turning it into a 3-jaw carriage for an even more compact melting unit.
- Several of these units offer saddle melting capability in the form of a Combination Unit (UC) that allows the fusion of branch saddles up to 8″ DIPS (225mm) into main pipe of any size.