The McElroy 250 fuses at the ends pipe sizes from 63mm to 250mm (2″ IPS to 8″ DIPS). They are designed in response to international metric pipe needs. The 250 fusion machines now come in multiple model configurations to ensure your metric pipe fusion needs are met.
- It offers a self-contained and self-propelled tracked vehicle that can face gradients of up to 30%.
- Ease of maneuver and its gains in productivity.
- It allows automated control and monitoring of heating, impregnation, melting and cooling cycles.
- It has an interbuilt data log function that keeps a record of each fusion joint, allowing you to check the integrity of the joints.
- They include the interchangeable McElroy 250 four-jaw carriage, which can be easily removed to merge into the trench.
- The external fixed jaw and skid can be removed from the carriage, turning it into a 3-jaw carriage for an even more compact melting unit.
- Several of these units offer saddle melting capability in the form of a Combination Unit (UC) that allows the fusion of branch saddles up to 250mm (8″ DIPS) into main pipe of any size.