Water In our Earth planet, we can say that it is composed of a total of 1.4 millions cubic kilometres of water, which almost the 97.4% of it is sea or salt water. And if then, we take into account that the remaining proportion, that is the 2.6%, is located among the polar ice-caps and other glaciers, since it results that the fresh water we have is only 0.001% of its totality. In fact, it is supposed that we should be able to meet the basic needs of the human being, so with what we have it is believed that the fresh water is sufficient for the 20.000 millions of inhabitants that live in the planet. And unfortunately, as it always happens in these cases, the water is distributed unevenly as we know by the different arid and semi-desert areas that there are in the world. According to the WHO (2002), the 17% of the inhabitants has no access to drinking water supply for the direct consumption and the 42% has no optimal sanitation. To be able to supply it to this proportion of the population represents a disproportionate investment cost in comparition to what is destined at present. Water consumption Taking into account that the consuption of water has been triplicated since the 50s, it has been built more and larger hidraulic works, basically in reservoirs and channelling of the diversion of rivers. The reservoirs of large dimensions have turned in a short time from being of 5000 to 38000 now. Shortage of water in the world Progressivelly and along the years since the 1990s, the number of countries with problems of water has been increasing up to achieving 41 in the 2020. The reasons are always the same: higher demand, detereoration and aquiferous pollution. A good solution would be the recycle or reutilization of the residual waters that up to now have been used a little in Spain but other countries have. Fresh water With the exception of the water that is contained in the polar ice-caps, the rest represents the 97% of all the fresh water of the world. In total, we are 1500 millions of inhabitants in this planet who depend on it for our drinking water supply. Water waste Drinking water is a basic resource for the human life and for its economic development. For diverse reasons, it is lost large flows of water in the sector of public or private services, at present it represents between 40 and 60% of it. In the large cities and due to its deterioration, the loss can achieve up to 10 billions of euros. Although it would be necessary a great reorganization and a wider worldwide investment to be able to order and manage the resources of water, on the other hand, we know that in the agricultural sector it has been reduced the water consumption by adding new and effective risk systems that have reduced the water consumption between a 30 and a 60%. https://aristegui.info/en/blog/blog/rainwater-storage-tanks/ By nuevoaristegui|2017-05-07T03:28:32+00:00November 25th, 2013|Recent news, Sector news|0 Comments Share if you liked! FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+Email Related Posts Leer articulo Why the hot air welding is the most indicated to repair a tauliner? Why the hot air welding is the most indicated to repair a tauliner? Leer articulo The use of PVC pipes for wastewatertreatment The use of PVC pipes for wastewatertreatment Leer articulo Benefits of the use of TPO roofs for waterproofing Benefits of the use of TPO roofs for waterproofing Leer articulo Which are the steps of the socket welding? Which are the steps of the socket welding? Leer articulo Six advantages of plastic pipes in sanitation applications Six advantages of plastic pipes in sanitation applications Leer articulo What should I take into account to at the moment of buying a hot air welder? What should I take into account to at the moment of buying a hot air welder? Leave A Comment Cancel reply Comment Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.